Question

Custom Enumeration Translation through customization

• 12 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello All

1. I am working on  a task where I need to add translations to a field which is a part of dropdown through customization . So I used code generation(projection and client file) to get TranlsationDb file for that particular component . after giving generate code , I got TranslationDb file in the build place of my workspace . I used the file to scan code in DEV and if I check in Text translation or translatable text  I don’t get the fields which are part of the enumeration . It only shows certain fields related to entity and projection.
  2. For next try , I  gave customize to the enumeration file , got the translationDb file after code generation . did the same process from step 1 , still if I check for the fields from that enumeration , it is not displaying anything .

Can someone guide  me with this . 

Thank you :)

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Can you attach your TranlsationDb file here ?

Regards,

/Suneth

Badge +4

Thanks for replying suneth

I have attached the TranslationDb file  . The field I  need is Pack according to packing proposal. I did search in this TranslationDb  XML file . But it not present .

please guide me further..

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Are you adding this enumeration using developer studio enumeration model file or custom enumeration using Aurena client ?

Badge +4

Developer studio Enumeration Model File .

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

When you generate code for that model file,  Isn’t generated TranslationDb file contains  values of the enumeration ?

Please attach enumeration model file too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  1. You need an IFS Customization project in developer studio  to create custom enumerations.
  2. Using this customization project you can create new  enumeration model in custom layer.
  3. Then you will get all the values of enumeration in generated translationDB file.
  4. Then you can scan the file using Scan Translatable Code page. 
  5. Now your enumeration values will be visible in Translatable Text page.