Question

Custom a custom list in a custom page

• 15 January 2024
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

In a custom page, table type, is that technically possible to make a custom list which depends a specific field?

I need to display a list of qualifications, according to the selected employee.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

In Cloud 23r1 and later yes you can do this using page designer to filter the options

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

We are currently in APP 10 upd 5

Is there an alternative?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

hi @romsar 

can you explain the problem in more detail

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @paul harland 

As explained in my first post :

I need to display a list of qualifications, according to the selected employee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

This does not make clear what you are trying to do.  

On what page?

How are you selecting the employee?

Do you want to create rows filtering the source data in a selection box or just display data fetched from somewhere else?

Screenshots or illustrations are very helpful when communicating requirements such as this

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

HI,

If you are after a custom page that you can navigate to from the employee file page that lists some data like qualifications, then this could be achieved with a custom logical unit and custom RMB from the page with the employee data. See example below.

Create a custom logical unit with the fields required and a key field to store the matching employee number key. Then create a custom table page in this LU.

Then on the Employee File form add a custom RMB of type “Create Window with Transfer” and specify the destination window with the value from the custom page above. Also add the source and destination keys making sure to prefix the Custom LU keys with “CF$_”.

Once data is then added to the custom form then each time you use the RMB above to navigate o the form it will be filtered on the Employee Number selected. e.g.

Regards

Telha

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

@paul harland this is a custom page that I’m working on, this page is filled with the following sql query :

select EMP_NO
from COMPANY_PERSON_ACTIVE

On my custom page, I added a CF$_QUALIFICATION field to select a qualification from the selected employee (selection made by a left click on the line). My issue was to display a list of qualification according to that selected employee.

@Telha I made a test but nothing is working fine for me, I think something is missing : how can I save the selected qualification according to the employee? In my case, the pop up doesn’t open, I got a discussion, and we will work differently, the qualification field would refer to a custom list

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Just guessing - based on what you describe - i don’t think there’s any way to do that in Apps 10.

If you could provide more details in screenshots, it would really help us understand exactly where you are getting stuck.  It is difficult to understand what you are doing just from words.