Question

Crystal Runtime files give error when opening reports, IFS10

• 27 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

hello,

we had recently installed Crystal Reports addin within IFS10.  I have downloaded and installed the Crystal Runtime files (addon) with 2 users now but they both get the same error:

I can run the reports from my own account via IFS without errors, but i have the CR developer installed. Anyone know how to solve this ?

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Adriaan ,

Which version of CR Developer are you using to develop your reports?  Can’t say for sure but based on the error and the fact it is working in your machine where the developer is installed, i would say the version you are using is more recent version than the client runtime provided by IFS.  The runtime is backward compatible but would run in to trouble with reports developed in versions higher later than the runtime.  The IFS Provided runtime version for CR is version 13.x.x.x so probably worth checking what the runtime version is included in the CR Developer tool used to create the reports.

Cheers

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Sajith,

thank you for your reply.  I have used CR Dev 2016 32b for years in IFS9 without problems. But now in IFS10, this error occurs on the client runtime side.  I had CR Dev 2016 sp8 installed recently, i will try to use my older 2016 version if that might be the issue, as you mention. Keep you posted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Check if they have more than one version of Crystal Report Runtime installed. You might get this error if you have 32bit and 64bit version are both installed in the same machine or if you  have any other Crystal Report runtime installed. You can check this from Windows Programs and Features. If you have more than one, uninstall all and install only the 32bit version that is there in the Add-on page under “To run Crystal Reports through IFS Enterprise Explorer you need to install the Crystal Runtime Files in to your client machine.”.

Regards,

Chanaka

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Chanaka and Sajith,  we solved the issue by uninstalling the present Crystal Runtime completely and reinstall it (via the Addon from IFS).  Somehow it appears a different version must have been on the clients pc's what interfered.  So issue seems solved by uninstall completely and install again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Yes, as I said you will get this error if you have the 64 bit version installed or if you have mixed versions installed. The viewer needs the 32 bit version, the add-on file downloaded from the addon page.

Regards.

Chanaka

Badge +1

Your information is very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I have used CR Dev 2016 32b for years in IFS9 without problems