Question

Crystal Reports Parameter Error

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Crystal Reports 2020

​​​​IFS 10

Hello friends, I created a report with parameters in the "crystal reports 2020" program. When the report is run it asks for the PO number. When I enter the PO number in Crystal Reports, the results are displayed. But when I run the same report in IFS 10, the result is not returned, the report is empty. 

PS : No problem with non-parameter reports, it works correctly.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Have you added CR_WEB_INIT as described in the following documentation? 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/005_cr_as_quickreport/020_cr_wb_init/default.htm

Without adding this, the quick report will try to fetch data as IFSSYS user. If your parameters and the used database view doesn’t return correct data for this user, the report output would be empty. 

If you log in to crystal developer as IFSSYS user and try the report it should also give you an empty output. 

This is discussed in following post as well. 

Badge +2

First of all, thank you for your interest and help. I forwarded the issue to my consulting firm. They are reviewing this part as well.

Badge +2

Even without parameters, reports started to come up empty. When I try the following command methods differently, I get different results.

Command_ : It asks for IFSAPP Password, when I enter the password, the results come.

Command\ : empty page

Command_A : empty page

Command_I : empty page

Command\_ : empty page (and all other combinations always the same results.)

But there is one report that disrupts this order. As a problem, the report I prepared in that report was not pulling up to date data. I learned that I need to use " Command\ " to solve this problem and I used it by making the necessary updates in the system. Other reports that I do the same thing do not produce any results and this confuses me. I'll make a guess if no report works, but the employee has it.