Skip to main content
Solved

Crystal Report Error in retrieving the parameters because : CWPKI0823E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE

• 24 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Recently, I have updated our dev environment from 22R2 to 23R2SU6. However, since the Crystal report is required SSL communication. I found an error (from kibana log) when I try to call a simple crystal report. The message is :

"message": [
    "CWPKI0823E: SSL HANDSHAKE FAILURE:  A signer with SubjectDN DCN=ifs-cloud-rpt.MFADTH.local] was sent from the host sifs-cloud-rpt.mfadth.local:443].  The signer might need to be added to local trust store [/opt/ifs/wlp/output/defaultServer/resources/security/key.p12], located in SSL configuration alias idefaultSSLConfig].  The extended error message from the SSL handshake exception is: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target]."

For your information, I have create self-certificates for the CWS server (both RootCA and SiteCer) but I have no idea how to put a RootCA.pfx via ifscloud-values.yaml. 

is it certificateFile and certificatePassword? 

Can you please guide me?

Thanks in advance for your helping.

Jittakorn

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @jittakornt,

Since you are using IFS Cloud 23R2 version and if you are using a certificate not obtained from CA's Certs then it is required to import the certificate to the following pods.

1. For Crystal Operational Reports: ifsapp-reporting
  2. For Crystal Quick Reports: ifsapp-reporting-cr
  3. For Crystal Logs: ifsapp-odata

Above can be done by adding following entries to the ifscloud-values.yaml file:

ifsappodata:
replicas: 2
certificates:
myselfsignedcert: C:\ifsroot\config\certs\*****

ifsappreportingcr:
certificates:

ifsappreporting:
certificates:
myselfsignedcert: C:\ifsroot\config\certs\******

For more information refer to the IFS tech documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/003_security/020_configure_outbound_ssl/

Badge +2

Hi @jittakornt,

Since you are using IFS Cloud 23R2 version and if you are using a certificate not obtained from CA's Certs then it is required to import the certificate to the following pods.

1. For Crystal Operational Reports: ifsapp-reporting
  2. For Crystal Quick Reports: ifsapp-reporting-cr
  3. For Crystal Logs: ifsapp-odata

Above can be done by adding following entries to the ifscloud-values.yaml file:

ifsappodata:
replicas: 2
certificates:

ifsappreportingcr:
certificates:

ifsappreporting:
certificates:
myselfsignedcert: C:\ifsroot\config\certs\******

For more information refer to the IFS tech documentation:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/003_security/020_configure_outbound_ssl/

Thank you so much @ashen_malaka_ranasinghe 

I have followed as per your suggestion by changing the content of ifscloud-values.yaml file.

However, after deployed by using “.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values C:\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml --values solutionset.yaml” command. 

I still get the same error message in elastic(kibana).

(I have attached the error message in the attached file)

Any suggestions, please.

Badge +2

I have tried both

and 

but get the same result.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @jittakornt,

Did you able to solve the issue? If not try to configure a new instance for CWS.

Badge +2

@ashen_malaka_ranasinghe Thanks for your follow up. I can configure it.

The reason why I couldn’t because I didn’t realize that I must execute this command:

.\mtctl stop --namespace ifscloud

before 

.\installer.cmd --set action=mtinstaller --values C:\ifsroot\config\ifscloud-values.yaml --values solutionset.yaml

After I stop the middleware services, the new configuration including certifications have been applied and deployed into PODS completely.

Thanks again for your help.