Question

Credit Card gateway integration for IFS9

• 7 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Could anyone share an experience with credit card gateway application integration?  
Does anyone use PayPal?  Does anyone use a vendor other than PayPal?  
Some of the challenges we have are:

• We want to accept credit card payments as pre-payment (prior to release order) for customer who has no credit line
  • After customer invoice is created, change the method of payment from customer check to credit card, as needed
  • Some customers want to use multiple credit cards to pay for one customer order.

I appreciate your real life experience and insights.

Best regards,

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The credit card interface is pretty basic from my experience. It authorizes the card at order release and charges it at the delivery of product. This also causes challenges with the freight interface. I understand the logic, but there needed to be a better solution.

There had been talk at a couple points about adding additional capabilities. One would have been the ability to make payments with a credit card, much like a check. I think that could have solved some of your challenges. The other was someway to handle returns & credit back to the credit card. Both of those we did with payflow web credit card terminal.

-Lane