Solved

Creating Custom Tabs on a Custom Page

• 5 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I am trying to create a new page in IFS 10 Update 1 which has both a header and lines (like Customer Order).  I created two Custom LU’s, and a Custom Page for each LU.  When I try to create a new tab on the custom header page following the help (RMB on page->Custom Objects->Tabs->Create New) that option is not there on my custom page, however it is there when I try the same on Customer Order. 

In trying to create the tab from Custom Tabs I am able to select the custom page as the Attached Tab, but I do not see the appropriate selection for Container Name.

I am sure I am missing something.  Any help is appreciated...

icon

Best answer by Binura Dodangoda 5 December 2019, 03:30

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

In the IFS documentation, it is mentioned that “Custom Tabs let you attach pages as additional tabs to any tab form window. The attached pages can be both existing application pages or Custom Pages”.

So, it describes that Custom Tabs can only be added to Tab Form windows. Examples of Tab Form windows are “Purchase Order”, “Customer Order”, etc. All Tab Form windows are existing application windows.

When you are creating a Custom Page, there are two options that you can choose. Either to create a “Table Window” or a “Form Window”. There is no possibility to create a “Tab Form” type custom page. It is not supported by the IFS Framework.

Therefore, you cannot add Custom Tabs inside your custom pages as custom pages that you are allowed to create are not Tab Form windows.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I did see that  but was hoping I was just missing something.  Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

As a suggestion you may create a custom menu on the first page which navigates to your second page to see more details. 

Badge +1

F1 doc Says

https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd7/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/020_custom_objects/090_cus_obj_references/060_KnownLimitations.htm

Custom Tabs on Custom Pages without any tabs

Initially, when creating a Custom tab, a Page needs to have at least one standard or Custom Tab to map the Parent Key-Child Key relationship. You can create a Custom Tab without a Parent-Key mapping at the initial stage. But to add a parent-key relationship you need to save the custom tab and edit it again after performing Reload Configuration.

Any idea on how to do that ?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

How to create a custom page in IFS IEE. Looks like I can only search for existing Custom pages but not create new ones.