Question

Creating a default setting on check box through conditional fields

• 23 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

I can’t seem to figure out how the make the taxable check box to default to checked. I have done it in the past and then was removed and now I can’t remember how I did this. See screen shot blow. I would like this automatically selected. I thought I did this through conditional formatting but when I try I can’t seem to get it to work. I have it so it will give an error if its not checked but before i had automatically checked off and can’t remember how I did it.

Any advise would be great. Thanks Maggie

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Maggie,

Can I know on which window you are in? Is taxable a conditional field?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The taxable box isn’t connected to conditional formatting as it is a functional field.

If it is on the Customer Order, it is derived from the Sales Part and Customer Setup.

If it is on the Purchase Order, it is derived from the Purchase Part and the Supplier Setup.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @MDGDAUPHINEE ,

If this is a custom field you can set the default value by editing and re deploying the field.

But you cannot do it through Conditional fields as conditional fields can be used to add rules that control what data that can be entered in a page; rules to make fields mandatory or read only, and rules that filter drop down lists, depending on values of other fields.

Is this a standard field?

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

This is a standard field. A few months back I got this to default to taxable and I forgot how I did it. I thought I accomplished this through conditional fields.

Thanks for your response :)

Cheers

Maggie

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi @MDGDAUPHINEE 

As @ShawnBerk mentioned Taxable is derived from the Part Level. If it is Customer Order derived from Sales part and if it is Purchase Order derived from Purchase Part or Supplier for Purchase Part. However, you can make Taxable default through via a Custom event also.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Akila

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@infaz  its on the purchase order and the taxable is on the detailed lines of the Purchase order. It is available under the conditional fields.

@AkilaR  Thanks for the reply. Might try and do it that way.