Solved

Contact Info tab under Contact tab in Supplier screen

• 7 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi,

From case G1619382, I came to know that the below (Contact Info sub tab) is available only if the SRM component is installed in App9. I have checked several App9 environments, and I made sure that it is true.

sub tabs are available in an instance where SRM component is installed

Sub tabs are not available in instances where SRM is not installed

However my problem is that >» if those sub tabs are available only if the SRM is installed, why the component is shown as “CRM” for those sub tabs in System Info ? Are the system info incorrect for that LU ? (because these tabs are not available even though the CRM is installed, but SRM is not)

Any idea why the system info shows as “CRM” for the component for those sub tabs ?

(I have also noticed that a new component called RMCOM (Relationship Management Common) has been introduced for App10 and these tabs in both Suppler and Customer have been included in that component)

Maybe someone from IFS Framework team would know the reason.

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Dinushi Liyanage 8 February 2022, 22:42

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @ThushAsanka ,

What you see in App9 IEE System Info is correct.
Please check the below explanation.

In IEE, one page/window can consist of different types of client “forms” and “controls” belonging to different components. There is no rule as such, that everything you see in one window is always in the same component.

For example, in App10 CORE environment - Supplier window is as follows:

This header section is from ENTERP component. The related client form is frmSupplierInfo form window (prefix - frm).

This table section is also from ENTERP component. The related client form is tbwSupplierInfoContact table window (prefix - tbw).

The “Contact Info” tab is from SRM component. The related client form is frmSrmPersonContactInfo form window (prefix - frm).

The “Person” section of the “Contact Info” tab is from RMCOM component. The related client form is frmRmcomPersonInfo form window (prefix - frm).

The “Contact” section of the “Contact Info” tab is again from SRM component. The related client form is frmSrmContactInfo form window (prefix - frm).

In contrast, in App9 CORE environment - Supplier window’s Contact tab is as follows:

The “Contact Info” tab is from SRM component, same as in App10. The related client form is frmSupplierInfoSrmContact form window (prefix - frm).

The “Person” section of the “Contact Info” tab is from CRM component. The related client form is frmCrmPersonInfo form window (prefix - frm).
This is what you have included in your post as a screenshot.

The “Contact” section of the “Contact Info” tab is again from SRM component. The related client form is frmSrmContactInfo form window (prefix - frm).

So, it makes sense why the “Contact Info” tab is enabled based on the fact that SRM component is installed or not. The tab itself is a part of the SRM component in both tracks App9 and App10.

This is totally up to how the IEE is designed to best suit the requirements. 

Hope this clarifies your concerns.

Kind regards,
Dinushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Dinushi Liyanage ,

Thank you very much for this detailed explanation. That makes sense. I understand now.

Thanks again,