Question

connect to IFS with Report Designer

• 9 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello all,

I had a working Report Designer on my old laptop (Win10 Pro). Since I have a new laptop (Win11 Pro) and installed the Report Designer again, the application starts correct but I cannot connect to IFS. 

I have looked into the other questions on this forum but the solutions mentioned did not work for me. 

Can anyone help me out ?

System is Win11 Pro, IFS10 Upd10, Report Designer as shown below.  I also have PL/SQL and the Oracle client installed, that works fine. Also connecting Excel to the IFS database gives no issues. Just the Report Designer fails. 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Adriaan,

For Apps10 host:port is the way of defining when connecting to IFS application through the Report Designer tool. Seems like it is defined correctly. Can you try latest version as a workaround and check the behavior.

Also make sure you can actually reach the server from the developer machine, so you do not have any firewall stopping the connection.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Ashen, 

I installed the latest RD tool and now I can connect to IFS. It seems the old version didn't work on Win11Pro.  Thank you for you reply.