Columns are Rearranging

• 11 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I am on Apps 9 and we are running into an issue I can not figure out.  I have several internal customers complaining about the order their columns show up in.  They move them where they want them and the next day/few days later, they have shifted back to where they were.  It appears their preferences are not being saved in their User Profiles.  This is happening across the application, it is not confined to a few IFS pages.  

I have checked the ColOrder on their User Profile and in many cases the Date Modified will not be correct.  I had a user contact me today with this issue. They told me they just moved the column this week and the Date Modified is showing 10/23/2019.   

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

First ask the user to do the column reorder and then go to Tools → Options → User Profile tab → Save Profile. This will force application to save the user’s personal profile. Check whether the modified date is updated and the change is existing after logout → Login back. 

If that still doesn’t work, user’s profile might be corrupted. If possible assign them a new personal profile (from create user page → add new profile) and test whether the issue  is resolved. If that resolved, switch back to user’s old profile (Tools → Options → User Profile tab → change profile) and then go to the old profile details page and find the node corresponding to each screen they see the issue. Next RMB → delete the corresponding node in the user’s profile for that screen and logout → Login back. Do the column changes and check whether the issue is resolved. . 

Badge +2

Rusiru,

Thank you for the detailed response.  I really appreciate your help!