Question

Code behind IFS created custom menus

• 9 September 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I wonder if there is a way i can see code/construction behind this customization we have in our customer order page. The tab ‘Freight Tracking’ and the RMB menu is customized.

I was looking to find URL behind ‘FedEx Tracking’ menu but debug console does not bring any info. any ideas where can i  find this info.

I also couldn’t find URL in the mentioned API in ‘System Info’ tab of ‘Freight Tracking’ tab.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I assume that might be in client code, not in the database at all. Does it work in Aurena?

If the RMB results in the FedEx web site pulling up on the client machine, I don’t think the underlying code is in PL/SQL -- it is probably in a .NET DLL that lays under IEE.

Does the debugger show anything when you turn it on and summon the RMB option? I would test on our system, but we are not doing sales orders or anything else shipping related yet.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It is probably V9 based on the screens looking the same as our version.

I tried going through all the things mentioned before your reply, but found nothing conclusive, so didn’t have anything to offer as a reply.  FedEx or UPS site does open on the client machine, doesn’t matter which type of line is selected on the RMB.  If it is a valid UPS tracking number and UPS is selected, it will pull up the tracking detail.  If FedEx RMB is used on a UPS tracking number, it will still open the FedEx site, just fail to retrieve anything, no error or message.

The debugger shows nothing at all when any of the RMBs are selected from either the Freight Tracking tab on the Customer Order or on the individual views for various details.  I reviewed numerous APIs as the OP suggested was tried, plus PL/SQL code that is available to view, but found nothing with fedex.com in any of the items reviewed.

There is an Ifs.Application.frgint_Ext_.dll that is part of the Assembly for the view, I wondered too if it might be in there.

Badge +1

These activities will be commonplace as they are the easiest way to customize Oracle iFS without writing Java or XML code. For example, to create a custom.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

If it just brings up a browser window with tracking info dialed in, then it is a simple URL-based RMB activity (which you could make on your own with a Custom Menu). If you go to any browser and head for URL:

https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?trknbr={trackingnumber}

you will see results. When tracking uses an “open” URL such as this, a Custom Menu option is always something you can create.

I would think the built-in coding does something more “official” in case FedEx changes the way a shipment gets tracked, but the idea is the same. They are not necessarily even using underlying API calls, just URL integration.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

thanks @ShawnBerk 

@sutekh137 

i was just curious to know why i cannot see anything in debug console. there is no issues in our system to resolve currently.

your replies are helpful. appreciate them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

thanks @ShawnBerk 

@sutekh137

i was just curious to know why i cannot see anything in debug console. there is no issues in our system to resolve currently.

your replies are helpful. appreciate them.

What IEE shows and does not show in the debugger is a mystery.

Aurena will sometimes show more in its log, so if an operation exists there, try it after turning on the debug log. 

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Badge +1

These activities will be commonplace as they are the easiest way to customize Oracle iFS without writing Java or XML code. For example, to create a custom.

Prepaid Card Status

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I am also running into the same issue as @OrangeCloud. We are running Apps 9 and our FedEx tracking no longer loads correctly, it immediately redirects to a page not found page. I would prefer not to create a custom menu as it should be simple to change the link, I just don’t know where that link is located in IFS.