Solved

Cloud 23R1 - Error while enabling BPA Custom Event and Projection Actions

• 26 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +12

Hello All,

I’m facing an error while trying to enable the Custom event action and Projection Action for Workflows (BPA) in Cloud 23R1. Haven’t faced this issue in 22R2. 

Has anyone faced this issue earlier? Please advice.

icon

Best answer by Priyanka Cecilia V 26 June 2023, 16:45

View original

7 replies

Badge +12

I was able to resolve the error. Looks like some BPA’s have been removed in 23R1 but not the relevant custom events and actions which was causing this issue. Imported these workflows from another environment and able to create new custom events now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Priyanka,

I’m from IFS R&D workflow team and I like to know the root cause of the issue you faced to know if we can do something about it to prevent anyone else facing it. The two workflows are R&D owned workflows and they were NOT removed in 23R1. For some reason they had not installed in your environment. Could you please help us in nailing the cause for this? Because if there is some issue here it could be critical.

Can I know if there are custom workflows that are installed by the installer in your environment? That means if there are custom bpmn files inside components that are automatically installed by the installer.

One reason for the two workflows to not get installed is any workflow, even a one other than the given two, are violating a deployment validation. If you have access to database could you please query BPA_MODEL_STAGE_TAB (using a query like select * from BPA_MODEL_STAGE_TAB) and verify that the status column of all workflows are in state ‘deploy’? If the status is empty they may not have been deployed correctly. If it is possible to export the table and send it to lahirumala.demel@ifs.com all the more better.

Thanks!

/Lahirumala

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Lahirumala de Mel 

Hi Lahirumala,

I saw your reply on the community post, I’m having the same problem in a newly created topic branch in my Release Studio where I’m upgrading to 23R1.

I sent you the table result in an email. 

I see in the post that Priyanka was able to resolve. I don’t know how I deploy those bpmn files though. Where do I go to deploy them?

I did find them in my repository, but have no idea how to get them deployed.

We are in a very urgent situation, so I could use that as a work around for now.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Malin,

If you found the bpmn files in the repository you can import them from the workflow designer and use the deploy commands in workflows designer to deploy them.

According to the table you sent there are some workflows that have not been deployed while some are. Probably there are deploy errors in one of the workflows causing subsequent workflows to fail. @Achala can we look at the logs and find out which workflows have deployment issues?

/Lahirumala

Badge +12

Hi Priyanka,

I’m from IFS R&D workflow team and I like to know the root cause of the issue you faced to know if we can do something about it to prevent anyone else facing it. The two workflows are R&D owned workflows and they were NOT removed in 23R1. For some reason they had not installed in your environment. Could you please help us in nailing the cause for this? Because if there is some issue here it could be critical.

Can I know if there are custom workflows that are installed by the installer in your environment? That means if there are custom bpmn files inside components that are automatically installed by the installer.

One reason for the two workflows to not get installed is any workflow, even a one other than the given two, are violating a deployment validation. If you have access to database could you please query BPA_MODEL_STAGE_TAB (using a query like select * from BPA_MODEL_STAGE_TAB) and verify that the status column of all workflows are in state ‘deploy’? If the status is empty they may not have been deployed correctly. If it is possible to export the table and send it to lahirumala.demel@ifs.com all the more better.

Thanks!

/Lahirumala

Hi Lahirumala,

I don’t believe we have custom workflows in the installer. We deploy the custom workflows separately through the workflow designer.

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the DB. I will check if I can get the information to you.

This was not the only occasion were we received a workflow error. When we tried to deploy our custom workflows using ACP, we got the below error. When I checked the workflows screen, this workflow was not available. Therefore, we had to manually deploy each bpmn file again.

Kind Regards

Priyanka Cecilia

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

The errors that you may been experiencing with the message "no process deployed with key XXX" is due to one or more workflows delivered by RnD failing at deployment time. 

Please note that there are several improvements in this area planned for 23R1 SU4, to address deployment failures of workflows, make workflows resilient for errors and to easily troubleshoot. While most of the issues you are facing now will be solved with service update 4, as workarounds you can try following.
1. Manually deploy the workflows that are mentioned in errors as NOT deployed. For example if you get the error 'no process deployed for AcpImportBpaDeployment' import the bpmn file of AcpImportBpaDeployment from the IFS code base and deploy it manually using IFS cloud. If you need help in finding the bpmn file please contact IFS support channels.
2. Restarting oData provider is also a workaround that might solve some errors.

Since the issue might differ from environment to environment although the error is same, we cannot give an exact workaround to cater all situations. I suggest to enter a support case to RnD in case there are situations to address before SU4 is delivered. But please make sure to include the Middle-tier OData startup logs and the content of BPA_MODEL_STAGE_TAB in the support case, to correctly identify the root cause.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

There is a fix delivered by RnD in the same area that will most likely fix these type of errors. This fix is delivered in following releases

1. 22.1.18 - 22R1 SU18
  2. 22.2.11 - 22R2 SU11
  3. 23.1.4 - 23R1 SU4
  4. 23.2E.0 - 23R2 EA