Solved

Change Password

• 1 August 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Everyone,

The below situation can be tested in the Apps 10 Test LKP environment. When the login password has expired, and whilst changing it we often get the below error message.

“Error while changing password. Something went wrong while changing password”

Since this error message is not particular, it is difficult for users to identify what’s wrong with the combination that they’ve selected.

Ex: If a Symbol is missing from the newly entered password combination can we get a more meaningful error message that explain user to add a Symbol for the combination.     

So, my question is can we retrieve a more specific error message for the aforementioned situation? If so, can this be setup through the oracle profile verification? Also, I’ve referred Oracle profile foundation document but didn’t find an answer.  

Thank You. 

icon

Best answer by Xavier Fernando 2 August 2021, 12:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi Sashika,

I doubt if we can change the password in Regional TEST environments. Perhaps that might be the reason even though the error does not clearly say what is the cause.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Sashika Lakshan,

Please refer to this KB article to see whether it answers your issue in changing the password. 

Note: The KB won’t answer you question though.

/Nimesh

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Sashika Lakshan ,

If you go through the below thread, you would get a better picture of self-user permission which is required to edit user password.

Yet your requirement is to get a better error message which denotes whether this is a permission-related issue, PW issue, etc. As error of “something went wrong..” is not detailed enough. I believe this is something qualified enough to report IFS Product development team.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I think as Xavier mentioned you can post the idea to RnD to add a meaningful error message to give what exactly is the issue.

In your case to fix the issue, it should be related to the password complexity.

Navigate to the Oracle users window and check the Oracle profile that is belonging to the user and then open the Oracle profiles window. Now check the “Verification function field”. There must be a verification function enabled which has to be fulfilled in order to change the password. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi Sashika,

I doubt if we can change the password in Regional TEST environments. Perhaps that might be the reason even though the error does not clearly say what is the cause.

Hi Chamika, 

Thank you for the feedback. in fact the issue is with regards to the Verification functionality in Oracle Profile. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I think as Xavier mentioned you can post the idea to RnD to add a meaningful error message to give what exactly is the issue.

In your case to fix the issue, it should be related to the password complexity.

Navigate to the Oracle users window and check the Oracle profile that is belonging to the user and then open the Oracle profiles window. Now check the “Verification function field”. There must be a verification function enabled which has to be fulfilled in order to change the password. 

Hi @Nadeesh Herath

Thank you for the update. In fact requirement is to get a meaningful error message to obtain a better understanding of the error. Also, I have checked on the customer’s verification function and seems like they have define their own verification code. 

So, as Xavier mentioned above the best approach would be to direct the issue to Product Development team to check on the possibility of changing the error message. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @Sashika Lakshan ,

If you go through the below thread, you would get a better picture of self-user permission which is required to edit user password.

Yet your requirement is to get a better error message which denotes whether this is a permission-related issue, PW issue, etc. As error of “something went wrong..” is not detailed enough. I believe this is something qualified enough to report IFS Product development team.

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

Thank you for the reply. The error will be reported to the Product Development team.