Question

Change IFSSYS password APPS 10

• 30 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hello,

Apologies from the start as I'm very new to IFS. I’ve recently joined a company which hosts multiple IFS products in Azure. We have an issue with our Apps 10 instance and we are unable to load the admin console, all services appear to be running fine.

We can login to Aurena and Enterprise explorer just fine as well. So I would like to run a reconfigure as we need to be able to access the admin console.

Unfortunately the engineer who setup this Apps10 instance, left the company a week after I joined. We do not know the IFSSYS password, so I'm unable to run the reconfigure.

Luckily I’ve been able to figure out the password for ifsapp, MWS_PWD and sysdba. I can also login to the oracle DB as sysdba. So I could run the below command and change the IFSSYS password on the DB and then try reconfigure, this seems like a very bad way of going about things. 

ALTER USER IFSSYS IDENTIFIED BY NewSuperStrongPassword;

How would you go about solving this issue? For some perspective this is a test Apps10 system used by our consultants, so we could do a full fresh install if we can’t this instance back up to speed.

Many Thanks,
Sean

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @sean.lumb.dna,

If you open a case with IFS, someone might be able to help you recover the password for IFSSYS. In order to change the IFSSYS password as well, you need to access IFS Middleware Server Admin Console, since you cannot do it from the installer in IFSAPP10. 

What is the error you get when trying to login to IFS Middleware Server Admin Console? Please share details. When you append ‘/admin’ to the application server access point URL, do you see the option to login to IFS Middleware Server Admin Console in the landing page?