Solved

Change IFSAPP password issue

• 25 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi, 

Does anybody know how to change the password of IFSAPP? When I try to do this the ‘normal’ way, the following Error Message pops-up: IFS Application Owner can not be changed using this method.  

icon

Best answer by Charith Epasinghe 25 January 2021, 11:48

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@BZNSIMON .

Did you experience the same when you tried via the login screen? What is the Authentication mechanism used in the Application?

If you use Database Authentication, you will be able to change the password from the login screen. For other authentication types such as SSO or LDAP, the password cannot be changed on the login screen.

Therefore, if you need to change passwords for internal users such as IFSAPP, you have to do it directly within the database. (ALTER USER command) 

ALTER USER <username> IDENTIFIED BY <new_password>;

Note :
- C:\XXXXXX\ifs_home\instance\DEV8\conf\ ifs.properties
  There’s an entry called ifs.changePasswordEnabled=true

Normally when running the installer, if you select the authentication type as ‘Database’ then this property ‘ifs.changePasswordEnabled’ should be set to ‘true’.

If you are using DB authentication and still cannot change the password,…..

1. perform a reconfiguration and check whether the file has been updated correctly and then check whether you can change the password from the login screen
  2. If not you can change the property file to true and restart the application server. For that:
    -  Change the value of the property ifs.changePasswordEnabled to true and  Save the file
    -  Execute the “stop_all_servers.cmd” 
    -  Execute the “start_all_servers.cmd” 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Charith E 

Thank you, I managed to change the password. We use Database Authentication, so it was easy to change. 

Do you also know if I can change the passwords of all the other IFS users without any consequences in the system? See my list below. I also want to change the passwords of these users. 

Kind regards, Simon

IFSINFO                                                              

IFSSYS                                                                 

IFSADMIN                                                         

IFSPRINT                                                           

IFSUSER                                                              

SYS                                                                       

SYSTEM