Solved

Can you remove this information message from the Customer Order screen?

• 30 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 31 replies

I sent this topic to IFS Support in March, but have not received an answer. Hoping someone maybe can give me a “yes”/”no”:

We use IFS V9. We updated in the Application Base Setup > Enterprise > Site, under the Inventory > General tab, the Picking Lead Time to be 10 days for all sites in Prod. However, if we have to key a short-lead order, we get an "INFORMATION MESSAGE: THE DUE DATE IS EARLIER THAN TODAY'S DATE. EARLIER POSSIBLE DELIVERY DATE IS YYYY-MM-DD" for every line item. We can press OK and bypass the message, and it will let you continue keying, but again - it occurs with every line item, which makes keying more of a task. We are looking for a possible way to disable this message?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 30 June 2020, 14:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The side effect of setting the Picking Time on the site >0 is to effectively reduce the scheduled due date by that number of days for every single order.  If the intention is to artificially force all due dates to be two weeks earlier than they really are, then changing that setting to 10 makes sense.  However, it means that you are telling IFS you can never deliver orders in less than 10 days.  That is what the setting forces, a minimum due date that is always at least 10 days from today or if you schedule the other way around, setting it by a picked date, then IFS is always going to tell you that you are already late.  You are working against the natural flow of dates within IFS and unfortunately as we tell all our users and planners, when you drive against the normal flow of dates in IFS, IFS will bite back.  I wouldn’t pursue getting the message removed as that will be a modification to IFS that is definitely not worth it.  I would re-evaluate why the Picking Time per site is set to 10 when it it is possible in some instances that it won’t be.  That number should only be >0 if it will ALWAYS be true for every order, else, live with the fact you are getting a valid warning you are working against the way you’ve set the system.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@ShawnBerk - thank you for your response. I will use this to inform our order desk.

Thanks,

Joy