Solved

Can´t create a new project in IFS Develeoper Studio

• 29 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I´m doing the IFS Cloud - Development & Extensibility - Business Logic Development (Virtual Blended Course) and I have my training  environment. Now I would like to create my first project in IFS Developer Studio, but I can´t.

On the left side is a screenshot of the course material and on the right side is my IFS Developer Studio.

Whats my mistake?

icon

Best answer by hamalk 30 November 2023, 11:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Ronald Schilke,

When you click on New Project, you should get a popup window similar to following:

Here you should select the category ‘IFS’ and you would see the project types on right. If you select IFS R&D Core Project for instance, it would lead you to the screenshot you have attached from the training. 

If you are not getting this, then it is probably an issue in your IFS Developer Studio installation. Please follow the instructions in the following KBA:

https://community.ifs.com/framework%2Dexperience%2Dinfrastructure%2Dcloud%2Dintegration%2Ddev%2Dtools%2D50/developer%2Dstudio%2Dtip%2Dcommon%2Dsolution%2Dto%2Dmost%2Ddevstudio%2Dhard%2Derrors%2D16184

If the above does not work, you may have to re-install IFS Developer Studio

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

Hi @Charith Epitawatta ,

thank you for your quick answer.

Your screenshot of the first step looks different than mine.

I can´t install IFS Developer Studio. It´s a VM provided by IFS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Ronald Schilke,

As far as I know, you can get assistance from IFS Academy instructors for Virtual Blended courses when you run into issues like this. Please inform IFS Academy about the issue you are facing and they would be able to assist. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

hi @Ronald Schilke 

Seems like the tool is not installed properly in you local machine. IF this is installed in your own machine please clear your user profile and see.

1. Go to Help menu  and the click on “About”
  2. Then copy the User directory path as shown below
  3. Close the developer studio tool

4. Go to user directory folder in your local machine.

5. Select All the files and folders in it and delete All.

6. Then restart the tool

7. This might take some time to load you modules (5-10 mins). wait patiently and try to create a new project and see whether you get a similar window like this. 

8. /Harshini
Badge +1

@hamalk 

Thank you, that solved the issue.