Question

Can I a default value for a filed in Aurena Client development

• 21 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Can I set a default value for a filed in Aurena Client development?

Hello! I have developed a simple Aurena client page with a few fields. Basically, I need to set the ‘Status’ field as ‘New’ when a new record is inserted into the table. Is that a possibility in Aurena development? 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KLNADEESH 
Could you please follow the below community thread and check whether you asking the same behavior?
Setting Default Values in Aurena | IFS Community

Badge +2

Hi @KLNADEESH 
Could you please follow the below community thread and check whether you asking the same behavior?
Setting Default Values in Aurena | IFS Community

Hi Kelum,

can you provide me the “manual” directly because we have no access to “partners-only”-area.

Thanks in Advance!

Best regards,
Andreas

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Same here, IFS says to use the community, but you cannot get to most of the information…..

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Anyone have the info that’s referenced but we can’t get to?

Userlevel 7

Can I set a default value for a filed in Aurena Client development?

Hello! I have developed a simple Aurena client page with a few fields. Basically, I need to set the ‘Status’ field as ‘New’ when a new record is inserted into the table. Is that a possibility in Aurena development? 

When you are developing customizations, it’s possible to set default values. There is some documentation around it here https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/060_development/027_base_server_dev/030_mechanisms/060_default_values/

Setting default values through the page designer, similar to how “drafts”/”templates” worked in IFS Applications IEE is currently not possible.

What are your scenarios @lpktysack @jdrex @SaraCrank ?

The info in the linked topic that you cannot access:

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@anmise We need default values or the template functionality. Our scenario is on the Customer - CRM screen. We want our users to be able to only create prospects. We’d like to default the field to that and then make it ready only. We’d also like to default things such as country and currency, those are always going to be same. 

For us it’s about ensuring we have correct data and reducing steps/clicks for the users.