Solved

Can a user's personal profile be deactivated in the cloud?

• 26 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,
I would like to know if it is possible, as in APPS10, to deactivate the personal profile of a user?
I did not find any option for this.

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 26 August 2022, 12:24

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I think if you read this thread

You’ll see that the last statement:

• There is an identified functional gap in Aurena - IFS Cloud when it comes to being able to administrate / edit profiles (including base profiles) and IFS R&D is working on closing that gap.

indicates that you can’t do most things with base and personal profiles as was done in EE.  I read this to mean there isn’t a file that contains all of the settings that can be retrieved, saved, or pushed to a user as a personal profile.  Rather all of those personalizations are saved and rendered page by page.

For me, it is one of the many functionality regressions that exist in Aurena compared to EE that have no solution.  If you search on profile and Cloud, you’ll find several questions that are related to this topic.

This one makes it clear that the personal settings on any given page have preference over any base settings and don’t give any indication this function can be turned off.  It isn’t a global setting, it is embedded into the page - at each page level - so to turn it off would require modification to every page.

Just have to learn to live with it and accept that there is little control over the user setup in Aurena to ease rollout or uniformity problems, even though that typically means more support for users in the long run.