Solved

Calling a custom procedure on a db task

• 20 June 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello.

I need to make a new db task, calling a custom procedure from a custom package, this procedure has no parameter.

On the new db task page, I click on the method button. What’s the path to call my custom procedure from my custom package?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Manulak 21 June 2023, 10:59

View original

7 replies

Badge +2

Did you check under IFS Custom Created Objects?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Creating the database task correctly

Once you’ve created the custom package procedure, make sure to refresh the dictionary cache. Otherwise your procedure will not be visible.

On the screen New Database Task make sure to first select the component which your custom package was deployed against. Then, selecting the method using the Method Name LOV will be easy as it’s then filtered by the selected component.

Click on the Select Method link and get the LOV > select the LU and then you should see the corresponding procedure you’ve created. Just, select it.

In general, this is enough as your procedure has no parameters.

Calling the database task

Once the database task is created, it either needs a scheduled task which refers it, or a trigger point (maybe via an event) which executes the database task directly via PLSQL logic.

App_Message_Processing_API.Run_Application_Server_Task(application_message_id_, one_time_task_)

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

There is no IFS Custom Created objects entry

Didn’t you mean IFS Custom objects ?

Anyway, I didn’t find any custom package :

Badge +2

There is no IFS Custom Created objects entry

Didn’t you mean IFS Custom objects ?

Anyway, I didn’t find any custom package :

What module is your package deployed to?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

in my case, it’s CONFIG

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

As I previously mentioned, your procedure is visible under the component and module your package was deployed against.

In your case, search the method under IFSApplications > IFS Customer runtime configuration compoment > PackageSpe > MySociety_API

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Sorry Manulak, when I published my 1st reply, I didn’t see your post.

The path you are showing is indeed the right one.

Many thanks