Solved

Business Roles in IFS Cloud

• 30 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Can someone with IFS Cloud 21R1 explain how Business Roles are granted within the Permission structure?  We’re currently in V9 and investigating how roles such as Buyer, Planner, Requisitioner, Finance User Groups, etc are granted within the user permission controls.

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 30 July 2021, 01:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @ShawnBerk ,

i don’t think you will be able to do this from the user creation window in the current release. You will need to do these actions from the relevant basic data windows rather than the user creation window. (i.e. Accounting Rules > User Related Data > Users per User Group for finance and Procurement > Procurement Basic Data > Requisitioners for requisitioner etc.)

Would be interesting to see whether old way of doing things is something that is planned for future releases 

Cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK @Sajith D , thanks for that, at least I know where it is located.  Not particularly concerned that it is in the same place (Sites moved too, though not as far).  Just trying to gauge my level of relearning that is going to be required to upgrade.  I’m already assuming that IFS Cloud is going to make our organization far less efficient before it makes it better.

The lack of a RACE environment and a definitive training for IT professionals is going to make the initial upgrade take 18 months or longer to accomplish.  That is a very hard pill to swallow.