Question

Build Place - Azure - Pull Request notification rights

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi,
is here possibility of being notify about new Pull Request?
Who have rights to setup this notification? 

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @InfFilipV ,

You may navigate to the ‘Notifications’ section under the user settings on the Azure DevOps portal to view the available notifications assigned to your account. Please check the notifications set under the section 'Code (Git)'.

You can add a new subscription from this window as well. Please refer to the below steps to create a new subscription.

1.Navigate to the ‘Notifications’  window.

2.Click on New Subscription

3.Select the 'Code(Git)' category on the 'New Subscription' window and select 'A pull request is created or updated' as the template.

4.Please enter the filter criteria as stated in the below diagram and finish the set up

With the above filter criteria, once a new pull request has been activated, you will be notified via email.

Once you have completed the above steps, navigate back to the 'Notifications' window. You will notice a new subscription has been added under the 'Code(Git)' category.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Shirantha Herath,
thanks for answer!

I see I asked wrong, I need this setting on Project or Organization level.

When I create Pull Request, no one will be informed about it, and because someone else must approve my PR I have to contact someone directly to ask him to approve my PR.

So I need to all members of groups allowed to Approve PR will be notified automatically.

Because in this way, it depends on everyone's setting, and I’m sure that no everyone will setup it correctly...

And also I will be great if also that group could be configured - I want to only Technician can approve PRs.

So, who have rights to do this changes, because there is only some system Administrator?

Thanks
BR​​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @InfFilipV ,

Could you please be kind enough to provide me the name of this particular customer?

Thanks and Regards,

Shirantha