Question

browser version in customer menu URL

• 7 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Anyone knows if there is a way to change the browser version which is used when you select the url option in the custom menu?

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @filiep.vw 
Are you talking about your default browser? 

Badge +4

Hi .. not really .. it’s the window inside IFS (10) that opens that html page when you make a custom menu of type URL. We use it for automating things using php and javascript, but the version of the browser in IFS is very picky on any html tag inconsistencies. Debugging the page in google chrome is impossible because there everything works fine.  So i would like to set for example google chrome as the browser logic used within IFS, instead of this light weight version of some old technology.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @filiep.vw,

Embedded browser in IEE is based on Internet Explorer engine and cannot be changed, I’m afraid. It would be an enhancement request if you need this changed, which would probably require a redesign of the client framework. You can create an Idea here

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Apps10 IE Custom URL in lobby element not going to external webpage | IFS Community

i guess that this is then the best option possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @vynfva,

Yes, using Ctrl+Click to open the link in the default browser set on the machine would be a good compromise, if the users don’t mind the link being opened in an external browser window. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

If you want to always have the Custom Menu open the page on the machines default browser then you could instead set the Action Type as External Program and then specify the URL in the External Program field as shown below. This should open the page in the default browser instead of inside IFS.

Regards

Telha