Question

BPA : use attributs of custom event

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

How can i use attributs from custom event in BPA workflow.

• in my example, it seems that the value of attribut are not available in the workflow.
  • Attribut from the custom Event :
    • NEW:ACTIVITY_SEQ
    • NEW:CONFIGURATION_ID
    • NEW:CONTRACT
    • NEW:ENG_CHG_LEVEL
    • NEW:HANDLING_UNIT_ID
    • NEW:LINE_ITEM_NO
    • NEW:LOCATION_NO
    • NEW:LOT_BATCH_NO
    • NEW:ORDER_NO
    • NEW:PART_NO
    • NEW:PICK_LIST_NO
    • NEW:QTY_ASSIGNED
    • NEW:RELEASE_NO
    • NEW:SEQUENCE_NO
    • NEW:SERIAL_NO
    • NEW:WAIV_DEV_REJ_NO
    • ISSUETOLOC (This is a custom attribut)
  • In the Workflow debugger, i have these attributs visible
    • ActivitySeq
    • ConditionCode
    • ConfigurationID
    • Contract
    • EngChgLevel
    • HandlingUnitId
    • LastActivityDate
    • LineItemNumber
    • LocationNo
    • LotBatchNo
    • OrderNo
    • OrigQtyAssigned
    • PartNo
    • PickListNo
    • QtyAssigned
    • ReleaseNo
    • SequenceNumber
    • SerialNo
    • WaivDevRejNo
    • Contract (second time in the list)
    • OrderNo (second time in the list)
    • PickListNo (second time in the list)
    • ReleaseNo (second time in the list)
    • SequenceNo (second time in the list)
  • I try to use a projection using this variable but it seems that all values are empty

Can you tell me if :

• the list of variable in the debug event are the NEW or OLD attribut of the event
  • the list of variable in the debug event contains the custom event custom attribut
  • How to check the contains of the event attribut inside the workflow

Best regards

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Wondering if you ever found a solution/answer for the question regarding the custom attribute and how to use it in combination with BPA/Workflow?

Also having the requirement to fetch a custom attribute in a event. However, the workflow engine does not seem to take the values (e.g. custom attributes) which the event passes. 

Badge +4

I think it’s like this: ${ActivitySeq}
I don’t know if OLD values are available or not. Let’s hope there will be more documentation soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Those are the ‘normal’ table values. Everything which is in the base table can be used in the workflow. However, instead of making REST calls and building logic into the workflow engine, i have a custom attribute which can simplify the workflow considerably. and speed it up. E.g. a custom attribute as mentioned in the first post;

• ISSUETOLOC (This is a custom attribut)

Also wondering about new/old values as you mentioned. Because those can also be very useful to use in the Workflow itself. Currently it looks like only ‘normal’ table values can be used. There also is nothing to be found in the documentation. Just this;

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/060_tailoring/220_configuration/320_events/

But this ‘Parameters’ is nowhere to be found in the actual event action. Not sure what's up with that. Hoping someone who has extensive knowledge on BPA/Workflow will be able to help...

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi All, 

Does anyone know that can we use OLD and NEW values of attributes (like in event action) in workflow? If we dont have such feature in workflow, then is it purposefully done by RND or RND is working on it to use OLD and NEW values of attributes in workflows? 

Best Regards, 
Kapilan

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Bump this item. Anyone a solution for this?

Badge +2

You can add custom attributes also using directly the new/old attributes and those are bypassed to BPA

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi, got a great advice worth sharing (works in 23R2):

1. After you deploy your BPA that is to be triggered (for example by Custom Event), and you will find that something is not working properly, use “Start Watch” to gather observations on data that is pushed to BPA.

3. Start Watch and redo the steps that are supposed to trigger this event and BPA.
  4. On deployed BPA version, you can verify Observations gathered during this process. There you will find for example: in what format the attributes are used in the data that is pushed to BPA.
  5. In above example, I’ve noticed that the variable I was using in my BPA ( TaskSeq ) was incorrect, because Custom Event was pushing to BPA variable in notation TASK_SEQ. 

Hope this helps!