Solved

Basic authentication with Boomi

• 11 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi

I’m trying to connect ifs cloud with dell boomi. I tried to register a boomi component with basic authentication giving end point url, username and the password. But unfortunately authentication wasn't successful. Is there a specific setup needs to be done from IFS side? eg. setting up IAM client etc.

If basic authentication is not supported in cloud please let me know the steps to authenticate my boomi component using oAuth?

Thanks

Roshanga

icon

Best answer by Ragul Ravindira 11 November 2021, 18:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @roshanga ,

I think you are using the IFS boomi connector which is limited to Basic Authentication. IFS Cloud utilizes a new authentication model compared to IFSAPP10, part of which includes the removal of Basic Authentication for APIs.  Basic Authentication is not supported by the IFS Cloud and cannot be enabled.

I know R&D have been working with Boomi on new version of the connector which supports Keycloak for IFS Cloud.  I am not sure about it’s general availability yet, but I hope  @Peter Sketch Boomi should be able to help if it isn’t still available. 

Thanks,

Kasun

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Kasun,

Im using boomi IFS REST partner connector which provides both basic and OAuth authentication. I tried to connect using oAuth but I cannot find the access token url to complete the authentication. I got the client id and the secret from the IAM client set up in ifs cloud but please can you help with me to obtain the access token url?

Thanks

Roshanga

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello @roshanga ,

You can find more information on implementing a connection with IFS Cloud from the Boomi end using OAuth 2.0 Authentication in the below mentioned article:

https://community.boomi.com/s/article/Using-IFS-Cloud-OpenId-Connect-with-OAuth-2-0-Authentication

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Ragul

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello @roshanga ,

You can find more information on implementing a connection with IFS Cloud from the Boomi end using OAuth 2.0 Authentication in the below mentioned article:

https://community.boomi.com/s/article/Using-IFS-Cloud-OpenId-Connect-with-OAuth-2-0-Authentication

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Ragul

Thanks Ragul. It worked