Question

Base profil make a reset on some object

• 2 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 6 replies

I'm experiencing a problem that is repeated every week, I'm losing a large part of the basic profile settings! I've deactivated the standard profile of my user account to avoid conflicts, i always register the profil before closing the IFS window,  but the problem isn't solved, do you have any idea why I keep losing the profile settings please ?  (i remarked that i lose the settings in the same time when i register the profil after making some updates. for example i update the Customer order and i register, after that i discover that in the same time i lose the fabrication order or other objects)

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Abdel 

save your settings manually before logging out from IFS.

If it is your own profile, I recommend you to reset it.

You can also back up your profile in the future.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I save the profil manually every time.

It is not an individual profil but a base profil shared by all the users

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Abdel,

Have you noticed whether you lose changes whenever there is a delivery installation or a reconfiguration of the application server? It is possible there are some old versions of the profile in the repository folder of IFS Home and they are getting imported whenever the installer is run. 

You can try unchecking the below option in the installer to avoid getting old profiles imported into the database. 

Hope this helps!