Solved

Background Image and Watermark in IFS Report Designer

• 30 June 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello Community,

There is actually a post on this topic (link below). But the information I got from here didn't work for me or I couldn't.

I updated the system parameters value. “Base path for Report Designer graphics on the application server”

For your evaluation; folder path and image file

IFS Report Designer and Set Background Image

Xsl View of the Report
Background Image Path (everything seems fine)
As I understand it, and probably "/report_designer_graphics/" will be replaced by our path above.

As a result, the background of the report has not changed. I have reviewed it many times; I don't know where I am doing wrong.

Regards,

Barış

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 30 June 2022, 11:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @baris.halici,

Quoting following from documentation:

After you add a watermark the image is copied to the root level of the "report_designer_graphics" folder in your Report Designer tool installation. In order for the image to be available at runtime PDF generation, the same image should be copied to the root level of the "report_designer_graphics" folder which is under the folder specified in the System Parameter "Base path for Report Designer graphics on the application server".

According to this, the image must be in the root level of the report designer graphics folder. 

You can find the documentation here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/050_development/025_operational_reporting/050_layout_design/020_layout_design/130_watermarks/default.htm

Even though this documentation is for IFSAPP10, the steps are the same. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@Charith Epitawatta, thanks for answer. 

I have reviewed this document before. There is such a funny situation!

This sentence is used twice: "report_designer_graphics folder"

What happened to me was like swimming in the sea and drowning in a pool 😁

Regards,

Barış