Question

Azure SCIM User does not exist

• 26 October 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

23R1 

Have connected installation to Azure. Directory ID is email address for the user

It appears to let me  log in but get message:

IFS CLOUD

You do not exist as a user in this application

Azure logs show successful log in 

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Alex,

Are the users you are trying to login with valid members of the Azure AD application?
You can check here in Azure:

Microsoft Entra ID > Enterprise applications > <application name> > Users and groups

The user can either be added directly or be a member of a group that is a member.

Best regards -- Ben

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

The user is. I checked it where you indicated and also from the user side, they are listed as a member

Badge +3

Is the user correcly setup in IFS, with permission for eg? 

We see this error message when a user has been scim provisioned but no persmissions has been added, which is to my knowledge not yet supported by scim (which is why we do this using an RPA approach).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We have the same issue with some users when accessing IFS Cloud 23R2 with Azure AD.

Again Azure is showing successful authentication for the user, but IFS Cloud is showing “You do not exist as a user in this application”. 

IFS User is active and setup with directory ID the email address. Also has the required permission sets within IFS. 

@Alex Ivkovic did you fix your issue and if so, how?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

We did not, we are just using the internal DB at this point 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks Alex.

@Ben Monroe Do you or any of your colleagues have any ideas why IFS Cloud would be behaving in this way? 

This is not affecting all our users by the way and also the users affected in IFS Cloud can connect fine in our Apps 10 environment.

Badge +3

Hi,

Any update on that? I have the same issue: “You do not exist as a user in this application”

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I resolved this in the end!

I think it turned out that some of our users in our Active Directory did not have the same value for email address and UPN. Once IT corrected this, the user was able to authenticate in IFS!

We were finding random records were being entered in IAM User Details, so we had to remove those first before asking the user to re-try.