Question

Aurena - Merge deployment

• 13 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Is there a tool or option to merge ACP deployment items in Aurena without overwriting existing modifications in IFS Aurena?  For example, I have a instance of IFS Aurena where multiple changes and additions have been made; I would like to deploy a new set of ACPs but don’t want to overwrite the existing changes.   I am looking to merge them together similar to IEE without overwriting.  What I found was that every time I deploy to Aurena the existing modifications get’s overwritten.  I tried using a different Context but that also get’s overwritten.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @Paresh ,

The behavior you have explained above is as per the current design of IFS Cloud.

As for now, there is no way to import a different context done to the same instance/ artifact without overwriting the existing context.

When importing configurations, the existing Client Model gets replaced by the Client Model that is being imported.

So the solution would be to import the context available in the target environment to your testing environment, modify the configurations as required, and then import the configurations back to the target environment.

Hope the above clarifies your query.

Best Regards,
Shani