Question

Aurena, How to find a Bugfix that is fixed from a UPD change

• 26 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

In Aurena there is a bookmark problem in UPD 8, It has been fixed in UPD9. So this might be fixed from a Binary Patch.  Therefore fix cannot deliver as a single patch.

I was tried to find the exact bug fix for this by referring to the Change Catalog. Unfortunately, there was no fix for it. 

My problem is, How can I find the patch, which solves the problem when the UPD  was changed?
(Eg: The problem lies on UPD7, and It has been fixed in UPD8)

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Banuka Perera ,

This is not directly connected with the question asked but as per knowledge search results, bookmark issue will be resolved by the bug ID : 155151 ( identified after reading case notes of G2177084)

Hope this helps you .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Banuka Perera,

There is no single direct way to identify the single patch. We have to find it through the technical investigation by finding technical the reason for the issue. To easy the process we can check the list of bug fixes going through the suspected UPD.

Please see the link below.

IFS Aurena Framework 10 Change Log (sharepoint.com)

If you are suspecting a binary patch will resolve the issue, then you can try to apply the binary patch locally and verify the issue is resolved from it.
Follow the below steps to Apply the binary patch manually (in your local folder)

Replacing the required Aurena Framework Patch

1. Copy the Runtime folder from the customers IFS Home(IFS Home path is available in the customers IPS)
  2. Download the latest Binary Patch and replace the runtime folder and test from it.

Hope this info helps.

Please let me know if need further help regarding this.

Best Regards

-Kelum

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Banuka Perera 
Mistakenly I mentioned IEE framework patch link above.
Please see the correct Aurena Framework patch list

-Kelum

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Banuka Perera ,

This is not directly connected with the question asked but as per knowledge search results, bookmark issue will be resolved by the bug ID : 155151 ( identified after reading case notes of G2177084)

Hope this helps you .

Hi @Xavier Fernando 

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. 
I was able to find that mentioned bug(bug ID: 155151). I had gone through it and that's not the fix I was searching for.

Banuka.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Banuka Perera,

There is no single direct way to identify the single patch. We have to find it through the technical investigation by finding technical the reason for the issue. To easy the process we can check the list of bug fixes going through the suspected UPD.

Please see the link below.

If you are suspecting a binary patch will resolve the issue, then you can try to apply the binary patch locally and verify the issue is resolved from it.
Follow the below steps to Apply the binary patch manually (in your local folder)

Replacing the required Aurena Framework Patch

1. Copy the Runtime folder from the customers IFS Home(IFS Home path is available in the customers IPS)
  2. Download the latest Binary Patch and replace the runtime folder and test from it.

Hope this info helps.

Please let me know if need further help regarding this.

Best Regards

-Kelum

Hi @Kelum Niranjana 

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I had checked the Change-Log and unable to find a single patch to resolve the issue.  I'm guessing my problem was resolved from a binary patch. Therefore I'll try to apply the binary patch as you mentioned.   

Best Regards,
Banuka.