Solved

ARRAffinity cookie at he community.ifs.com site

• 11 January 2022
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

Anyone that has any suggestion on how to deal with?

It is a bit annoying to see it each time :)

Thanks

Tommy

icon

Best answer by Charith Epasinghe 20 February 2022, 10:11

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Tobese-Pagero 

Can you please explan more on this. What is the issue you came across ?
Is the ARRAffinity cookie warning appears with each refresh ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Every opening of

https://lifecycle.ifs.com/buildplaces

Cheers

Tommy

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Tobese-Pagero ,
If possible can you pelase attach a screenshot as well ?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @Tobese-Pagero,

ARR cleverly identifies the user by assigning them a special cookie (known as an affinity cookie), which allows the service to choose the right instance the user was using to serve subsequent requests made by that user.

Is the ARRAffinity cookie warning appears with each refresh? or per browser session ?

1. You can try out clear browser cookies and cache and allow cookies and lifecycle.ifs.com explicitly.
2. Change the browser and check whetehr you are still getting this.

If it keeping pops up even after this with with each refresh, regardless of the user input hope you can log a case to IFS to investigate on this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi

It’s not much of a problem, I just wonder why the browser can’t accept once and for all :)

Cheers

Tommy

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Charith Epasinghe I’ve put in the case for the same problem as well, but haven’t had any resolution there.

Pointing out that it is a problem for multiple people but IFS doesn’t seem to understand how to fix it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I guessed that more users had noticed :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@ShawnBerk - is this when accessing https://lifecycle.ifs.com/buildplaces ?
Can you please share the case ID with me via private message?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @ShawnBerk  @Tobese-Pagero ,

It is noted that message warining is keep coming and not accepting the user inputs.

1. Just for the in formation, is this same for the other users who accessing the https://lifecycle.ifs.com/buildplaces ?

2.Is the ARRAffinity cookie warning appears with each refresh? or per browser session ?

3.Is this same for other browsers as well ? eg - IE/Edge ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@Charith Epasinghe 

1. I don’t know, we still have problems with other users accessing the build place at all, but the one other user that was in briefly before being kicked out on an error.  Yes.
  2. The cookie occurs on ever session, nearly every screen.  It doesn’t matter whether it is a regular Chrome browser or an incognito window as suggested by the case notes.  The cookie message is persistent and reappears.  On some windows, it doesn’t even matter if the Accept button is pressed, the cookie message remains over top of every other part of the window.  In fact, in no other application EVER have I seen cookie notification behavior like this.  Absurd really….
  3. I’ve tried Edge once.  The build place is so slow as to be unusable.  I have been using Chrome.

It is strange to me that IFS can’t get this figured out, can’t set it up to be useable and it is only for notification and sharing.  It isn’t even the application.  It does not build confidence in the Moment of Service.

I have more than 6 hours invested in just trying to login to and setup the Build Place.  I deem it the most poorly executed interface I’ve ever had the privelege of spending more than $100K USD for….glad I’ll only being doing that once.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @ShawnBerk,

Highly appriciate your detaild feedback.

Metioned ARRAffinity cookie popup concern is not an concern we frequently reciving.
We may need to investigate futher on this to find out why this is keep popping on.We will  update the status via the case.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi All,

During the testings it is noted that sometimes the cookie acceptance functionality does not work properly on our end as well.

So your convern reported via this thraed currently under investigation with our product developtment for a fix. Once the fix is avalable it will be delivered accordingly.

Many thanks for all the feedbacks on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi All,

ARRAffinity cookie warning Pop-up functionality correction - Resolved
Correction will be ship with next ALE release which is “22R1EA”.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Nice to hear!