Solved

Application Search Results

• 17 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hello,

I have a problem, I can't find data when I use Enterprise Application Search. Do I need to make an extra definition for this?

PS: I couldn't find anything about this in the help document.

Best Regars

Mervan 

icon

Best answer by Minoshini Fonseka 17 November 2021, 17:04

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mervan kindly use the search icon in the customer window.

Hope the above information helps you!

Kind Regards,

Vinu

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Mervan 

I agree with @Vinu Gamage You can search data by using the icon on his screenshot, and you can search using the parameters on the window.  You can search data using wild card like % or for example %CompanyName% or by Customer ID 10% it will returns all the Customer ID that starts with 10. There are many ways to query your data. If you even know SQL you can see the where statement on the SQL tab.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi @Mervan,

Application Search is a concept for finding and navigating to IFS Applications business objects using text search. This gives the user more freedom to perform a search without knowing exactly where, or in which attribute, certain text is stored.

The purpose of Application Search is to quickly find and navigate to IFS Applications business objects that you don't know the exact search string for. 

Following is an example:

You could refer following F1 doc as well.
https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/010_overview/220_user_interface/application_search_concept/default.htm

If you do not see them, you could see whether search domains are enabled. 

If you go inside to one of the search domain, you could see more information such as when was this text index was rebuilt, optimized, or synchronized. 

Hope this helps..​

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Minoshini Fonseka Thank you for your answer.