Question

API Error when trying to amend Team in Service and Maintenance - Apps 8

• 14 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi

I am trying to make some amendments to our existing Teams in Service and Maintenance but I am getting the below error. I can create a new Team but cannot update any existing ones.

Just wanted to see if anyone may know why this is before I raise a support case with IFS, this is the same in our test environments too.

Thanks

Hayley

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Hi,

It seems that you do not have permissions to run REMOVE_TEAM procedure. Try to do the same with ifsapp (appowner) account - log in to application as ifsapp.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Pawel Dworzynski 

I have logged in as IFSAPP but still get the same error. I can’t seem to see that API in the list of LU’s either:

It does reference something about Delete/Remove in the MAINT_TEAM_API.

Thanks

Hayley

I’ve checked in standard version - standard version use this procedure:

MAINT_TEAM_API.REMOVE__

when deleting a team. If you check as ifsapp and still has the error message, you better create a case to support to investigate this. Could be a customization or some connection between modules.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That is an indication that the method has been dropped from the version that you are in and is no longer valid or that something else has caused that package to be invalidated.  If you can look at the state of the packages and declare that portion of the api, it should then work.  If you can’t get to it, or don’t have a db admin who can, then an IFS case is probably your only recourse.

Is this a function that worked in the past and now doesn’t work after an update?

Were there any other system or server level changes that occurred recently that may have invalidated objects or functions?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for your help @Pawel Dworzynski and @ShawnBerk I will raise a case with IFS.

There have been no changes recently, but we have never tried to remove a Team before so not sure if this has ever worked to be honest.

Thanks

Hayley

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @HayleyG 

This is a core issue. Please raise a support case.

Hi @HayleyG ,

Yes, I found that patch 110429 should help here , you can mention in a support case that you know this from IFS Community. To apply the patch you have to create a support case.

Best Regards,

Pawel