Question

Any ETA on when Server 2019 will be supported?

• 13 November 2019
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

According to the supported platforms documentation, here are the supported Windows versions that we can use for APPS10 Middleware server deployment. 

Operating System Version IFS Applications Support as of Limitation Solution
Windows Servers Windows Server 2012 R2 RTM    
  Windows Server 2016 RTM  
Linux Servers Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x (7.4 or higher) RTM   246502246529
  Oracle Linux 7.x (7.4 or higher) RTM

I believe, Server 2019 will be supported in the future. Is there any ETA on when Server 2019 will be supported? Or at least, can I get a rough idea of when this will be supported?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

We have been using Windows 2019 for some of our environments for the past 11 months without any issues. (Apps 9)

IFS seem to be very slow to update the supported platform documents - Touchapps documents state the latest version of iOS is 12 and iPhone 6 for example and these are over 5 years old now

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Yes, as per THE IFS Platform Support Portal last updated in June 2019, here is the compatibility:

• Database Server - Oracle Database 19c starting Apps 10 UPD6, which can be hosted on Windows Server 2019
  • MW (Apps) Server - Windows Server 2016

UPD7 is due to be released in Dec 2019 and hopefully IFS will update their Platform Support document. 

Badge +2

Hi, We are planning on upgrade to IFS 10 UPD6, IFS environment using Windows Server 2019 for database, MW and utility(Crystal Web Service) servers.

Any update on IFS supporting window 2019.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

No update yet regarding WS 2019 for IFS Applications (MW) Server on the Supported Platforms portal:

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

IFS, any update on this? 

I would like to know from what update Windows 10 1909 is supported.

Thanks.

/Karl

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

IFS, any update on this? 

I would like to know from what update Windows 10 1909 is supported.

Thanks.

/Karl

Hi,

Windows 2019 is now certified from IFS Applications 10 UPD9 onwards.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Andreas:

The Product Certification page visible to partners still only lists Windows 2012 R2 and 2016.  When will it be updated to include 2019.  I’d rather not tell a customer that 2019 is certified based solely on your comment on Community.

Thanks.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

This is taken from the Support platforms page (for Apps10) that I can see:

I think you should be able to trust this information. Which page are you looking at where this is not visible? Perhaps I can try to point it out to someone inside IFS you show me.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the screenshot confirming Windows 2019 is supported.  I have sent you a private message with the link to the page I see.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi,

This is taken from the Support platforms page (for Apps10) that I can see:

I think you should be able to trust this information. Which page are you looking at where this is not visible? Perhaps I can try to point it out to someone inside IFS you show me.

Kind Regards,

Andreas

Hi Andreas.

Still only showing 2012 R2 and 2016 in customer portal.

https://portal.ifsworld.com/Certification/SupportedPlatforms/10.htm

Kind regards,

Bjørn

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Support platforms page still not updated on this. 07/12/2021

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Windows Server 2022 was released on 9/1/21.

Tom

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

In few cases(IFS9 and IFS10) we changed OS verision to Windows Server 2019. After that customers complain that startup services take much longer. CPU and RAM resources are the same or greater.

Have You encountered the same problem?