Adding a Post Installation script in IFSCloud

• 30 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Superhero (Partner)
  • 671 replies

Hi All,

I need to add a Post installation script during a customization development.

I choose to write a sql script and according to the documentation, it needs to be listed in the deploy.ini

Post Installation Methods - Technical Documentation For IFS Cloud

I’m not sure if modifying the deploy.ini is possible since it doesn’t support LAA and will be replaced with an update from IFS. Can anyone explain the correct way of doing this?

Cheers!

Damith

5 replies

Badge +2

I will endeavor to figure it out for extra.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Mats B  

Can you comment on this plesea? 

/Harshini

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

I do not know all details in the customization process, but why can’t you customize deploy.ini? There are lot of non-layered files that you are allowed to customize. It is too bad a bit messier to such a file since you need to do an overtake of the entire file. If there are changes in the file from RnD when taking an update, you need to re-do the customizations. However, there are tooling support to assist you in this.

Note! I am no expert on customization, but I have not heard about any exceptions for the deploy.ini file

BR
Mats

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi Damith,

In UPD applying process, a file will be replaced with the latest archive file of that update, if and only if that file doesn't have any version maintained with package suffixed with C_ (customizations) or B_ (local fixes) and file should have only versions created with P_ packages.

So if we add a version to a file with C_ package, then update analyzer will not replace that file with latest UPD archive file, instead it shows the conflicts of that file with customized version during the analyzing time of the UPD.

Thank You and Best Regards,
Dammika 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Mats B 

I’m not sure if we can consider deploy.ini file as same as other non-layered files since it’s not recognized in the developer studio project and any changes to the file should done manually. 

However, to overcome my problem, I followed option one and customized the  <component>_Installation utility, override Post_Installation_Data procedure and added my script segment there.

Cheers!

Damith