Solved

Add custom button - Shop Floor Workbench

• 29 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello all, 

Is it possible to add a custom button to the Shop Floor Workbench? I have IFS Developer and some developing experience in Java, .Net and the like. I am just curious if this can be done as I was not able to find anything in the technical documentation on whether or not this was possible. 

As always, thanks for the help!

Eli

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 29 March 2022, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Eli_Williams ,

Hope the below post will clarify the situation 

Add or modify a button function on Shop Floor Workbench | IFS Community

Best Regards,
Yohan

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Yohan, 

Thanks for the help but I already read that post. It does not help or clarify my question. I’m wanting to know more technically specific on what needs to be done to create the custom button(if possible), not what I can do to hide or show buttons that are already there. In that post that user is asking about a specific functionality for a button, I am asking for more details. 

Thanks, 

Eli

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Eli_Williams ,

Based on your screenshot I know you’re looking for a solution for IEE and I’m not sure a customer can create a new button for Shop Floor Workbench within IEE although IFS can do a customization for you.

If you were to use the Aurena client with IFS Application 10 Update 6 or above you could create a custom action which is equivalent to a button in the Shop Floor Workbench.   Could you utilize the Aurena Client within your environment?

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @william.klotz 

It is looking like you are correct in determining that we can’t do that. Between my own research, your help, and reaching out to a contractor we have all come to the same conclusion. Sadly, I don’t think we are going to be getting Aurena any time soon but I will let the people above me know that it’s a doable action in Aurena and not IEE. 

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. 

Thanks, 

Eli