Question

Achieving SSO with Windows Server 2019 for Apps 10

• 3 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Has anyone managed to get SSO working with Windows Server 2019?

If yes, do you have any information on setting this up.

Thank you.

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey, I recently configured ADFS for Apps10. 

All the instructions on the Tech Docs are valid and accurate. Hope you have access to Tech Docs. 

Here is the doc if you havent seen this.

Configuring ADFS (ifs.com)

As long as you have done the preparation steps on ADFS like configuring proper SSL Cert on the ADFS etc. its just a matter of registering the Application Groups in ADFS and configuring the same on IFS Admin Console. 

Let us know if you need any assistance on the steps. 

Harsha

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Harsha Yapa 

Hi, it’s been a long time since we spoke during my time at Tenmat, I hope you are well.

It’s good to hear that you have successfully configured ADFS for Apps10, was this with Windows server 2016 or Windows Server 2019?  It’s Windows Server 2019 that we are trying to configure it on.

Thanks

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @johnw66,

You should be able to use Windows 2019 based ADFS for this without any issues. The initial requirement to have Win 2016 based ADFS is because prior to that ADFS didn’t have support for OpenID connect. Anything after 2016 should be fine.

Cheers

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@Harsha Yapa

Hi, it’s been a long time since we spoke during my time at Tenmat, I hope you are well.

It’s good to hear that you have successfully configured ADFS for Apps10, was this with Windows server 2016 or Windows Server 2019?  It’s Windows Server 2019 that we are trying to configure it on.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

Sorry, i only noticed this now.

Hope you are doing well as well. :)

Yes, it was Server 2019 and i didn't have any problem with the configuration. 

There were no any special changes and it was almost the same as ADFS 2016. 

Harsha