Solved

Account manager login error

• 4 February 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

We would like to ask you for the support with initial installation of TouchApps Server at customer's site.
There is IFS Applications 10 installed on-premise on one virtual server.
They have also the IFS TouchApps Server installed on the same virtual machine.
The TouchApps Server is available and the TAS console is working, i.e. you can log into it and configure applications.
Also there is the IFS Scan IT 10 application deployed within the TouchApps Server. The IIS site is signed by certificate that was created with customer's private PKI infrastructure.
Within IFS Admin Console, the Redirect URIs are set correctly.

The certificate is imported inside the android device. The device do have the "Account Manager" and "IFS Scan It 10" android applications installed as well.
When user is trying to log into the Account Manager, he is following these steps:
1. he enters the server address, SystemID,
2. he is redirected to IFS login page - he enters the credentials here
3. he is redirected back into account manager app. after few seconds, he is getting this error:
    Exception: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'byte [] java.lang.String.getBytes(java.lan.String)' on a null object reference

IFS Apps10 UPD5
The server is running Windows Server 2016.
The device is Symbol MC32N0 with Android 5.1.1 and Kernel 3.4.48

Could you please help us solve this issue?

Best regards,

Jozef

icon

Best answer by James Ashmore 4 February 2020, 10:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

It looks like everything is configured correctly as you can pass through the login page via Account Manager.

Could you check that the end user has access to the Scan It App security - you can generate a role script via the Touch Apps Server Customer Portal.

If the User has the correct access then I suggest you raise a Case with IFS Support to investigate further

Cheers

James​​​​​​​

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello, 
We are currently experiencing the same problem.
The script for the creation of the permission set is passed and assigned to the users concerned.
What else should we look at?
Thanks in advance.

Badge +1

Hi,

I've been struggling with the same issue for a few days. In my case, manually installing the certificate on Android devices helped. For some reason, the certificates stopped working.

Cheers

Martinator