Question

Access to search in the known issues/Bug database for IFS cloud

• 9 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 34 replies

Do IFS have a place where we could search for  know issue and bug fixes. This is useful information instead of spending hours on trying to sort issue that’s already fixed in later SU or RE

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Do IFS have a place where we could search for  know issue and bug fixes. This is useful information instead of spending hours on trying to sort issue that’s already fixed in later SU or RE

I fully agree with You! bug fixes should be in one place and open for partners and customers. Fixes should describe the erroneous behaviour and which page / functionality is fixed. 

We are lacking the view that what is fixed and in which version. All fixes (with very short descriptions) are now exported to separate release notes (excel sheets) that contain hundreds of rows (with duplicates).  Fixes have component information, but not visible what is actually changed/fixed. Very time consuming to even identify bug, is it fixed already or clarify what version contain the fix. Better just open support tickets to IFS

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @kjro ,

Please refer to the “IFS Product Release Notes” section in Community to view the release notes for the IFS Cloud releases.

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-product-release-notes-113

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

This is know, but it’s really cumbersome to search for exception error +++. Why not have this a searchable source with even more description ++ And if you have skipped some of the SU you have to walk true all of the different excel sheets…. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @kjro ,

Please refer to the “IFS Product Release Notes” section in Community to view the release notes for the IFS Cloud releases.

https://community.ifs.com/ifs-product-release-notes-113

I challenge the usability of this concept. If I raise a real error example from IFS Cloud, are You ready to search the solution and fix delivery (service update) from the release notes section? No questions are allowed, rule is to only use the excel spreadsheets

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

No super hero's that could create an usefully web page where customer/partners could search for know issues and bugfixes for All ifs supported versions? Including detailed information….