Question

Inventory Part Currently On Hand -PO total supply qty doubled

• 5 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

For some of our purchased parts the Inventory Part Currently On Hand - Total Supply Purchase Orders quantity is doubling the open PO Lines. The example part there is a quantity of 13 on customer order and purchase orders, but the Total Supply shows 26 (doubled).

Checked all the purchase order lines, 2 lines are closed received completely and one line open for the 13 pcs.

Also checked the Inventory, Sales and Purchase parts and Suppler for Purchase Part for conversion factors and everything is set to 1. Our team use this screen often and need to rely on the information. This is only recently been discovered, been using IFS Apps 10 for a year. 

Worth noting it’s not on all the parts just a handful of parts that are pass through and not on any structure and purchased with the same supplier.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@OXLCOLOMBO I checked for fixed defects in this area but could not find any that relates to your observation.

However I can come up with the following observation.

The value of Purchase Orders in Inventory Part Currently On Hand window is calculated by the PURCHASE_ORDER_LINE_UTIL_API.Get_Part_Qty_To_Receipts method. According to this calculation, the Inv Conv Fact of the Purchase Order Line (POL) is considered. Qty in the POL is multiplied by the Inv Conv Fact that gives the Invent UOM.

Inv Conv Fact value on the POL can be changed without changing the same parameter in the Supplier for Purchase Part window.

Therefore please check if the Inv Conv Fact of the relevant Purchase Order Lines are different to 1.

Hope this helps !

Badge +1

Thank you for this information. I checked and the Inv Conv Fact on the PO is 1.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@OXLCOLOMBO In that case there is an inconsistency, unless there is a modification in this area.

The logic behind the calculation is further described here

There is a correction in this area but it is connected to POs with Order Type = 6. I hope that is not the case in this scenario. Therefore I think this needs to be reported to Support for further analysis.