Introduce Yourself

• 12 November 2019
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hello Community! Let’s all get to know each other. Reply below with these details:

Who are you?

What’s your industry and profession?

What IFS products are you using? How long have you been using them?

Where are you located?

And a fun fact: You can share your favorite vacation spot, favorite book, place on your bucket list, picture of your pet, etc. Anything you’d like to share!

52 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi

I’m Tim, and I have been using IFS since 2002! We installed IFS 2001 and then upgraded to 2003 very soon after, for Oracle compliance. We then hugely customised it (via IFS developers - yes, we couldn’t do it ourselves back then 😥) and got stuck on that version. Sadly, the business closed, and I was made redundant, but fortunately found a new job working with IFS at MBNL. We are a Joint Venture between BT(EE) and Three, running their mobile phone network.

I was thrown in at the deep end, learning Apps9, and then IFS Cloud, which we are upgrading to, as we speak.

In my spare time, I’m a petrol head going to classic racing events, I own a classic car (Morris Minor Traveller), and I’m involved in amateur dramatics (#SilchesterPlayers).

Fantastic, thanks for sharing 🤝

Badge +1

My name is Karen Lin and I live outside of Boston.  I’ve been using IFS with Sobi Inc (biotech) since Apr 2020 and find the system to be the most challenging system I’ve ever used.  I’m hoping to connect with Super-Users who can advise best practices to improve my and my colleagues experience.

Outside of work, I love to travel with my family - favorite spots are in Spanish Pyrenees.

Karen