Question

Wrong use in Ledger setting for account 9210 in revaluation account window.

• 4 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

When attempting to run this month's currency revaluation customer is receiving  receiving the following error. This occurs as the account 9210(which is in revaluation accounts) has been used in posting control IP26 and IP27.

Account 9210 is under accounts receivable -used in ledger , which is not allowed posting type for accounts receivable used in ledger.

In this kind of scenario what should be the best way to tackle this error , customer doesn't want to remove account 9210 from posting type IP26 and IP27.

Kindly need your input on this .

Thank you .

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Udanee normally this happens because there is a mismatch between the Used in Ledger flag (AR) and currency revaluation flag for the posting types (null → GENLED)

To overcome this I suggest to:

→ remove the account from Revalutaion Account screen

→ add the account back → the system should determine Used in Ledger GENLED and no longer AR. Then you could run the currency revaluation process.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

@Udanee normally this happens because there is a mismatch between the Used in Ledger flag (AR) and currency revaluation flag for the posting types (null → GENLED)

To overcome this I suggest to:

→ remove the account from Revalutaion Account screen

→ add the account back → the system should determine Used in Ledger GENLED and no longer AR. Then you could run the currency revaluation process.

Thanks a lot Marcel . I will check.