Question

Withhold CIS tax

• 26 September 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

This occurs when supplier's tax withholding/reporting set to  reportincome/withhold

When Manual Supplier invoice raised For CIS supplier with gross and net set to zero and will remain zero even at the final posting , Could notice that Withhold tax code had not been failed fetched into invoice line. This leads to raise Question at when doing final posting

• when the gross and net is zero , is it ok not fetching withhold tax code automatically?
  • Is there way we can enter taxcode?( but invoice line RMB for entering tax code has been grayedout )

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Kanchana,

I’m just curious to know, what is the business scenario to create an invoice with both Gross and Net amounts are with zero values?

I’m not sure whether we need to report WHT under CIS for zero values since it depends on the Actual Payments you made to the supplier/subcontractor. Here the invoice is posted as paid posted at the Invoice Entry level and there is nothing to be paid separately. May be @Ieva Rituma knows whether this is practically required in UK for CIS Reporting.

Kind Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Rajitha , 

Thanks, As WithH Tax  is not necessary in this, it is OK to proceed and we could proceed. I checked that when the gross > zero it fetches the code correctly .

Thanks, 

Kind Regards,

Kanchana