Solved

what is the deference between control type and posting type ?

• 31 May 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

what is the deference between control type and posting type ?

icon

Best answer by Sachin Vithanage 31 May 2021, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Nagah.khaled 

The Financial transactions should be posted is controlled by the Posting Control functionality within IFS Financials. Any component can register posting (event) types and control types in the Posting Control framework. Applicable posting and control types are sent to the Posting Control framework to retrieve the code string that defines the posting information of a transaction.

Hope this may help

Regards
Shan

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

could you give example please ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Nagah.khaled ,

Posting types translate different business events in IFS Applications into financial transactions. Simply, the control type defines how the posting type should behave. If I take a simple example,

Posting type IP1 is created to capture the supplier balance. If you select AC1 control type, supplier balance will be captured to a fixed account.

But if you select IC1, you can define different accounts to capture supplier balances based on supplier groups.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

the meaning of posting control and posting type is limited or i can create new ?

If limited by IFS could i have a dictionary for it ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Nagah.khaled ,

When a new company is created,  a set of default posting types will be automatically created in Posting Control window. Posting types and connected control types are system defined. However, if there is a specific requirement to create a new posting type or a control type, that could be achieved from a customization.

You can go to the Posting Control window and search by the Module to find all the existing posting types belong to each component.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for your help.

is it mandatory to use all the posting code or we select the needed only ?

if we will use the needed only , how we decide we need this posting control or not ?