Question

Voucher Type X not present in Project Management module

• 14 June 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hi IFS Community!

I need your help on a complicated topic. 

I have many vouchers that are not present in the Project Management module, meaning that some costs are present in Finance but not in Project. All the vouchers are type X.

Is this voucher type is only for accounting/finance purposes?

All the posting control setups seem to be OK.

Many thanks!

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

X type vouchers are used for prepayments or allocating costs/revenues across periods.

They do get included in the project cost monitoring (if the original transaction has a project and activity) but because prepayments just spread the same cost/revenue across periods, looking at a live project view, this has no impact. 

If you are looking at project forecasts which are accounting period-specific, then the costs allocated into future periods will not appear until they are released. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

postings with function group X should be considered in project totals.   there were some corrections for this in previous versions.   You may want to include the version you are on and an example.   

Example -- If I enter a voucher for $1000 and I allocate it across 2 months -- so $500 in each month -- in project I should see $1000

Badge +2

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. 

The version which I’m working on is IFS 8.

The status of the invoice is ‘PaidPosted’ so I guess we should see them in the Project Management module.

Is it possible that some costs are present in finance but not in project and why this situation occures? 

Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

There was bug ID 113976 for App8 in regards to X function group- which is possibly your issue.   

However, you mention the status of the invoice but not if the voucher for the invoice was posted to GL.

If the voucher is posted to the GL -- you are saying you have nothing showing in project navigator under actual cost??  

Badge +2

Yes the voucher is posted in the GL and in deed there are no costs in the project navigator screen under actual costs

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Sorry -- meant to say revenue since this is an invoice --- You may need to log a support case to review this.   

Is the account that the invoice posted to setup in project cost/revenue element per code part?  

If you do an invoice that you do not allocate -- does it show up on the project?    

Badge +2

It’s a supplier invoice actually so it’s a cost.

I’m sorry I don’t understand your 2 questions…

According to you we should open a case to IFS?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Unfortunately from the information provided it is difficult to determine if this is a training/setup issue or an actual issue with the software.   

From the original post -- it sounds like vouchers with projects on them are showing in project unless they are X vouchers (allocated) -- if that is the case -- then this should be a support case. 

You would need to provide a test plan-- showing that a voucher that is not of X voucher type shows in your project cost, but if run through the same test plan but now allocate then it does not show in project costs.   

I now know this is a supplier invoice but not sure if it is matched to a purchase order---etc.   

Below would is an example test plan -- of course your’s would be different based on your specific scenario.

In an example in App8 

I setup account 1150 to a cost element with type of cost

I create a project -- on my activity I create a demand for a misc no part.   create req- then PO - register arrival -- when I transfer and update to GL -- I will see my Design element on my project updated with actual cost as account 1150 is what I used on my PO and I have account 1150 setup to cost element type of Design.  

When I invoice this PO -- my cost does not get updated as I would be duplicating the cost.   

I hope above better explains my previous questions and how to move forward

Badge +2

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

In deed vouchers with projects on them are showing in project unless they are X vouchers (allocated) so you will need to open a case to IFS. 

We will provide them with a test plan as you described.

Thanks