Question

using multiple tax codes while paying supplier for the same invoice

• 19 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

In apps-9, i am trying to make 2 different payments in 2 different mixed payment for the same invoice. while paying i am using 2 different tax codes for withholding, but system gives an error saying i cant use different tax code then the 1st payment, i.e. for both the payment i have to use same tax code. but as there are tax slabs for supplier payment, i have to do that. can anyone suggest how to handle it?

Regards-

Nahin

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @vsonann

Could you please provide the error message you are  receiving? A screen capture would be fine.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi,

If the system doesn’t allow to change it at payment, you may try out the Withholding Tax Amount Table functionality. Some basic steps are given below. However, this is applied mostly when you have different tax slabs based on the total payments made to a particular supplier for a given period rather than calculating taxes per invoice. 

1. Define a tax code with the %=0 and BOTH Tax  Method Received and Tax Disbursed =Payment
  2. Right Mouse Button (RMB) on Tax code and go to Tax withholding and enable the check box "Use Taxwithholding Amount Table"
  3. Define the amount table-Financials/Payment Basic Data/General Payment/Tax Withholding Amount Thresholds
  4. Connect the Tax Code created in Step 01 for the Supplier’s default WHT code or use it when creating the invoices.

If it doesn’t work, you might have to adjust your taxes manually by selecting the Modify Tax check box in Tax Withholding Lines Dialog.

Regards,

Rajith

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @vsonanann 

could you please check if the second WHT tax code is assigned to the same Income Type as the first one.
You can check it in the Tax Witholding/Reporting window available from Supplier > Invoice tab.

If there is set different income type for both WHT tax codes, then in the Tax Lines - Witholding window available from Matching Transaction you should also change income type.
And then it should work correctly.

I’ve checked how it works in the APP9 REGIONAL TEST CMB environment, company 950, mixed payment 2021/001 and 2021/002.

Please have a look if it fullfils your expectations.

Best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Rajith Ekanayake,

I tried your solution and it seems working nicely to some extent. now we r facing a problem that when we are trying to pay the supplier partially against an invoice, system is withholding the amount based on the total invoice value whereas in the supplier>tax withholding reporting we have set the withholding base as ‘Actual Base amount’. can you please explain how is it calculating or are we missing anything else?

Regards-

Nahin