Solved

Users per IL

• 14 February 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

There is an IL defined by someone and when an end-user tries to add himself to that via ‘Users per Internal Ledger’, the window is empty even when he populates it. He can see the IL in ‘Define Internal Ledger’ screen and also can see the IL in Accounting Periods. Required permissions are available for this user, is available in users per company, users per user groups etc.

However, when the user is added to ‘Users per Internal Ledger’ by app owner, he can view the list and do the required activities in that IL.

Could someone explain if the core functionality is designed this way? I.e. only the end-user who creates the IL ID can add others who need to use the IL/view the IL details (initially) in to ‘Users per Internal Ledger’?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 14 February 2022, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Yes the system is defined in that way intentionally.  It’s like a security concept.  The person who created the IL can allow other users to use the IL.  Similarly when user X creates a company.   User Y can’t simply add themselves to that company.  I’ve had a number of clients where persons, X, Y and Z manage IL 2, and no other users should be allowed to access that IL and make adjusting entries.  At the same time, user A, B. and C manage IL3.  We don’t want X, Y, or Z in IL3.    

For those reasons, we don’t allow users to add themselves to the existing internal; ledgers.   APP owner is always special. Assume IL X was created and used but only user ACB had access.   If ABC leaves the company the application owner can add new users to the internal ledger. 

Best regards,

Thomas.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Thanks so much for the explanation @Thomas Peterson 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Thomas, Just for Clarification, if the IFS Process Permission is given to Add Users in IL Ledger for a User then does this Apply? 

Is it concreate that The User who created the IL only can add the Users for the IL (Ledger) regardless of IFS Process Permission is given or Not?

Eager to know the finer details

Thank You

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I believe so.  My testing user id’s  have full access.   As user X I can add other users to my IL.  But when I log on as another user I cannot add myself to the same IL.    Makes sense to me, I want the ability to add users to My IL, but I don’t want other users to add themselves to My IL.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank You Thomas...this is good information and Knowledge

Hi @Thomas Peterson 
I was just wondering, what happens if the person who created the IL left the company. How would you handle such a situation? Thanks for your advice. 
KR,
Anny

You actually ansered it already, IFSAPP…. :) 
Thanks anyway!