Question

User Group has to be changed manually when approving JEs

• 5 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

We are using IFS 9 and have come across an issue and wonder if anyone else has seen it. We have user group JEP (prepares JE) and JER (reviews/approves JE). After the JEP enters a JE to be approved, the JER goes to into that company and the User Group for Approval automatically changes to JER and they can approve. However, once they switch to another company it no longer automatically changes to JER and they have to manually change it. If they log out of IFS and back in and go to that company again, it automatically changes to JER. 

Obviously, this is an annoyance and not a showstopper but I am wondering if anyone else has had that issue and if so, were you able to resolve it.

I appreciate any insight you can provide.

Jill

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @jillkers 

I believe you are referring to voucher entry and approve process. The user group for a specific voucher is selected depending on the set up in ‘user group per voucher series’. (you can navigate to your voucher type → RMB voucher series → select the year → RMB user group per voucher series). Make sure the default type is set to Yes for your company with the issue

Further may i know how does the user changes company? is it from the RMB → change company option or changes the global company? 

BR
Zuha 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Zuha Samsudeen 

In User Group per Voucher Series, the default type is set to Yes for these manual vouchers. I believe that is why on the first company they choose it automatically changes. When they switch companies, it would be to RMB and change company.

Thanks!

Jill

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @jillkers  we are seeing something similar.  A user complained that when they navigate from approve vouchers form to the voucher entry form to review and approve the voucher, their default “user group” is not updating to their own. It’s staying as the original entered user group.  This isn’t all the time but to correct they open a new window and they are good (similar to your comment of logging off and back in).   Our user can not recreate on demand but when they show me they said they are just working in other forms, running reports so not necessarily changing companies specifically.   We also found this is specifically on D (multi company vouchers) and Q (opening balance) vouchers.

Have you logged an issue with IFS about this?  Just curious if you have gotten any resolution.   

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Rcoubrou - We opened a case several years ago and IFS was unable to resolve the issue. I left for a couple of years but am now back and noticed we were still having the issue. I posted here just to see if anyone else had the issue or had a fix. It doesn’t stop business but it is an annoyance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

That’s what I assumed. It’s a low priority “bug / quirk” it’s  not worth trying to  resolve in this version.   I do love the community for posting questions or looking for similar experiences. Thank you for the feedback!