Question

Update of inventory transaction after adding charges

• 25 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello, 

My customer receives supplier invoice with freight charges on it after having registered arrival of stock - before creating invoice, the customer wants to go to PO and add purchase charges; the issue is that after having already received the parts into inventory, the purchase charge added on PO does not update the inventory transaction value, not yet transferred, hence stock value is not updated to consider purchase charge as well.

NB : The inventory transaction gets updated only if the PO charge is added before registering arrival. How to setup system to update transaction even if purchase part is already received ? 

Thank you

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,
If freight charges are billed by the same supplier delivering the goods, perhaps you could use additional costs on PO line instead of charges. This way you will be able to match invoice and update inventory value (in case of supplier invoice consideration in the inventory value) even after receit has been made. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

We have also incorporated freight charges via an OH (percent of value).

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @MelTanyaS ,

The option discussed on topic “Receive PO with Charges” solved this question?

Thanks,

Joao

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello Joao, 

It worked only in the case where charges are added before registering arrival, not after; supplier consideration is set to “transaction” but i can’t have same result as you with update of inventory transaction. 

I don’t know which parameter i’m missing